When the Missionary Benedictines of Peramiho took over a new mission field in the Kerio Valley in Kenya (1972), they opened a mission procure in the town of Eldoret on February 10th, 1972. It served as supply centre for the mission stations which the Benedictines built up along the Kerio Valley, north of Eldoret.
Laer, it became a dependet house of Tigoni Priory. On February 18th, 1999, it was placed directly under the Congregation. It now serves as basis for a Benedictine priest who looks after the parishes of Kapkemich and Kamwosor, both of which belong to the diocese of Eldoret. The parishes which the Benedictines had establishehd in the Kerio Valley and on the adjoining Cherangani Hills have been handed over to the diocesan clergy.
St. Benedict's House
P.O. Box 1200
Tel./Fax +254 53 22 157